Wednesday, August 14, 2013
Another patchy, cloudy day outside so the few scans I need to take outdoors will have to be put off a bit longer. Instead I spent some time trying to find outside sources to cross-reference my source radiance scans to, but without too much success. As one could imagine, while certain types of bulbs are very well documented, the varieties between specific brands and models vary, so finding a good, high quality, and preferably tab-delimited sample was very painful. In the end, I did manage to get a few varying cfl samples, a tungsten-halogen sample, and an LED sample, but none quite line up to my data due to, obviously, difference in their make. I also noticed that I still had clipping issues on a few of my own samples, so I figured that, after finding some outside sources today, tomorrow, if I can't go outside again, I'd head up to the lab and retake a few. It's annoying, but it needs to be done.