Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Back to the Lab

       The weather was subpar today, so instead I spent some time measuring sources in the optics lab and trying to figure out the best way to do that with the SVC.  Naturally, it doesn't support that normally, so I still have some things to mess around with to get what I want out of it (I can get the radiance data, but compiling and condensing multiple scans is a pain).  Other than that, it was a productive day, but less so than I had hoped.  Using the USB650 to get some good cross-check radiance references between itself and the SVC, I'm pretty sure the spectra was way off (mainly around the fringes), and I feel that I'll have to do that again.  Even with the SVC, it's hard converting multiple scans into one, clean file, and I was have a few cutoff issues at the detector bounds.  Hopefully I can go outside tomorrow.  Everything I need to do involving the outdoors is much more straightforward.

No comments:

Post a Comment