Thursday, July 25, 2013

       While I was supposed to be trained on the ASD today, there we're battery issues with it.  So instead I continued to do what I could with what I had.  I set out to test the spectrum of a variety of monitors (I had already gotten an LED screen, but I was looking to get a CRT and LCD screen as well), but ran into a few issues.  Getting an LCD screen was no problem, and wound up being fairly easy.  Getting my hands on a CRT that I could use, however, proved to be a challenge.  I managed to get a CRT, lug it upstairs to my optics lab, and get and adapter cable, but the computer wouldn't handle the DVI to VGA conversion that I need to do.  So I had to scrap it.
       Other than that, after being thrown off the trail a bit, I didn't have much of anything to do.  I read a bit more of Dr. Ientilucci's manuscript, and programmed a bit.  But I really do hope to do some more work tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you did more than other people. I bet you don't have to think of creative ways to spend time....like me :)
    Anyways, have fun working!

    ReplyDelete